Rabbi Arik Ascherman speaks at the HaMa’abara demonstration against Na’amat: no evictions | photo: HaMa’abara
The army is not meeting the legal requirements of protecting the Palestinian farmers at the olive harvest, we did not give up and sent an urgent request to the commanders to implement the law. In addition, we demonstrated together with “Ma’abara” activists to raise our voices loud on the issue of public housing. We will continue to wear two hats, the political and social hat in order to promote peace and justice in the region. Shabbat Shalom.
Rabbi Yehonatan Chipman is confused by Abraham’s figure. Is Abraham a unique figure with a special message to the Jewish people or is he a universal figure and what is Malchizedek’s roll in Abraham’s change. Dvar Torah to Parashat Lekh-Lekha.
- We need volunteers for theolive harvest on Thursday 25.10.12. Those interested are asked to contact the office before 17:00, 02-6482757, or e-mail email@example.com. For information on other harvest days pleas call the Harvest Coalition : Yaakov Manor: 050-5733276 09-7670801 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We, RHR, operate a human rights’ centre in Hadera, which serves the residents of the surrounding area, and is designed to help them exercise their rights against the authorities. We are looking for astudent for the Everett scholarship. For this purpose, we have prepared a page of questions and answers to explain the nature of the job
- Friday, 26.10.12, 15:00 – Demonstration in the neighbourhood of Sheikh Jarrar in east Jerusalem
- Sunday, 28.10.12, 15:00 – Demonstration for the rights of the Negev Arabs, Lehavim Junction
This week we joined in a HaMa’abara demonstration against the evictions of Na’amat. Together with ma’abara activists we called for the return of public housing.
We present here two dialogues with M., who identifies himself as a resident of Efrat, about the olive harvest from the settlers’ point of view. We thought that this dialogue was of interest and would help the two sides understand each other. The dialogue was first published on our Facebook page (register and be up-to-date).
The “Keshev” organization has issued a complaint tothe presscouncil againstthe newspaper fordeleting parts of Moshe Silman’s letter which blamed the Prime Minister and the Minister of the Treasury for his situation. The Ethic Committee ofthe PressCouncil will decide whether to follow up the complaint (Hebrew).
On Sunday, 14.10.12, Abu Jaber, aged 70 from Safa Beit Omer, was arrested, accused of cutting down a protected tree – a pine tree – on his land. He was released the same day after intervention by RHR lawyers. This is an absurd story at several levels.
Rabbi Yehiel Grenimann was interviewed by the Irish Times about the serious violence at the start of the 2012 olive season. Watch: The programme of the Social Television about the olive harvest (Hebrew)
- Join the instagram account: rabbis4hr
- Register for the Facebook page
- Join our Twitter Account
- Join our Scribd account
- Join our Flickr page
If you found this story important/shocking/touching, and you want to help us to change the situation, please donate here and strengthen the Jewish voices that see in every human being the image of God.