The cut-down trees of the orchard of the village of Mayar north of Ramallah
Critical situation in the olive harvest: Journey of Rabbi Arik Ascherman among the destroyed orchards of the village of Mayar, the false slander of the settlers, an alternative history of the relationship of the army to its role in protecting the Palestinian olive harvest.
- You are invited to come to the olive harvest at the Palestinian villages near the town of Nablus, (and in other places) and near the settlements. The importance of the presence of Israelis at the olive harvest is as a demonstration of solidarity with the village residents – farmers, a large part of whom make their living from olives and request our help and presence during the olive harvest.
- We, Rabbis for Human Rights, operate a human rights’ centre in Hadera, which serves the residents of the surrounding area, and is designed to help them exercise their rights against the authorities. We are looking for a student for the Everett grant. For this purpose, we have prepared a page of questions and answers to explain the nature of the job.
- 18.10.2012 – Bazaar in the liberated building of activists working for the “ma’abara,” Hashomer Street 7, Katamonim, Jerusalem, next Thursday, 4 – 8 p.m, come!
- Friday, 19.10.2012, 15:00 -Demonstration in the Sheikh Jarrar neighbourhood ineast Jerusalem
- Sunday, 21.10.2012, 15:00 – demonstration for the rights of the Negev Arabs, Lehavim Junction.
Following the serious damage to the Palestinian olive harvest, we – as part of the human rights’ organizations – approached the Minister of Defense with an urgent request to set up effective protection for the Palestinians and their property.
On Monday (15.10), settler circles spread claims that Palestinians had staged the destruction of olive trees next to Eilon Moreh, attaching a film “Proof” to substantiate their claim of staging. These are weighty accusations, but with little proof.
Watch: A must-see report by Nisim Mosak on Channel 1 about the activities of the “Ma’abara” in Jerusalem.
If you found this story important/shocking/touching, and you want to help us to change the situation, please donate here and strengthen the Jewish voices that see in every human being the image of God.